Thursday, February 19, 2009

Zzzzzz....

I don't know what my problem is. I can't seem to get ahead lately. I'm just so stinkin tired all the time. I've always enjoyed my sleep. Early to bed; Late to rise kinda gal. Work has been busy (yay). And while Tanner has a lot to do with it, you'd think my body would have adjusted by now. Is this what it's like from here on out? Are all of you moms ALWAYS sleepy? The Pediatrician put Tanner on a new schedule a couple weeks ago which is great during the day. He was sleeping through the night (for the most part) at five weeks. But now, like clockwork, he's hungry at 4:00am OR if he holds out til 5:00 he's ready to start the day. Seriously, I'm usually tired by 10:00am, get my second, third, and fourth wind, and could easily be in bed for the night by 7:00 if possible. (sigh) Who knows. I'm sure there are many things I could be complaining about right now other than sleepiness, but this is my blog and I'll whine if I want to.

3 comments:

  1. The answer to both your questions is....YES. Besides all the extra physical work (feeding, changing, shopping, lugging baby, carseat, diaper bag, etc......) you are always mentally "on" as a mother and you don't realize the toll it takes because its just hundreds of "little" things all day (and night)every single day that add up. You're never really "off". Welcome to motherhood. My advice? Take more time to rest than you used to... and certainly don't feel like a wimp, because you are handling the toughest job there is.... (with extraordinary skill, strenth, wisdom and lovingkindness, I might add) You have brought a new kind of joy to me that I can't even explain.
    I love you (and cutie patootie) more every day!
    Mom (Grancie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get better but I don't think a mother ever sleeps the same as she did pre-baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Grancie! You're never really off. And even if you do get the chance to sleep you'll be so used to getting up you can't sleep! One thing G and I do is rotate Saturdays. So one of us gets to sleep in. And when I say sleep in that's about 8:30. ha! JPW sleeps from 8pm to 7am so hopefully that gives you some encouragement. Just wait it flies by! Give Tanner a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete