Friday, April 24, 2009

Deep Thoughts by Beth Bowman

All I can say is why, on God's green earth, did I miss out on the whole Sex and the City craze? Or Sex in the City. Whatever it's called. Never understood the hype, but I watched the movie on HBO and immediately fell in love. WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!?! I always hated the title so I guess that's why I've bypassed it repeatedly the umpteen years it was on. Well boy am I sorry!




I did the same thing with Dawson's Creek years ago. Waited til it was in syndication and then realized my devastating mistake. So glad Grey's Anatomy is not on that list. I sobbed last night. Sobbed. It's still my favorite show next to American Idol. I won't miss an episode and if I do it's tivoed for the next available couch sitting. I've been told to rent the entire series box set of Lost. Probably gonna regret missing that ban waggon too, but there's only so many hours I can (periodically) devote. Sorry.

On to more important things like The Hills. Heidi, Heidi, Heidi (sigh). I mean, why hasn't anyone noticed or commented on all of her plastic surgery? Are we to ignore this? She looks completely different than in season one. And the only thing remotely consistent is her super annoying, Beavis look-a-like, 'I'm so great,' slithery boyfriend who cast some sorta spell on her years back. I really, really hate this show, but what can I say? I'm hooked. They lured me in and it's just too late.

Umm, what else? ..OH! How could I forget...John and Kate Plus Eight. Now here's a show Jon will actually watch with me unlike the above mentioned. I think it's the 'awe' factor. The show is good. Don't get me wrong. But I'm pretty sure the reason it's so popular is due to the fact that whoever watches it is immediately thankful they're not responsible for all of those children. (Sounds harsh I know, but you've gotta admit there's some truth behind that.) Please don't take this the wrong way. They are absolutely precious and undoubtedly all unique gifts from God, but come on. Other than Octomom does anyone say, "I really hope I have sextuplets. That would be fantastic" ?

7 comments:

  1. Ummm, love the Hills too! Heidi is starting to resemble Michael Jackson... Love Greys, Jon and Kate, don't want to get into the others (Lost, Sexy Cities) cuz I ain't got the time. Miss you! I really wish I could meet T-bone:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SATC is SO good...and about so much more than...sex! Glad you finally are on board. The show is 10x better than the movie...so you have that to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Beth you make me laugh!!! How about the Duggar family with 18 kids!!! C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally agree about Sex & the city...and BTW...glad I'm not the only one who sobbed {uncontrollably} last night! Kevin thought I was crazy! Love Jon & Kate too...my regret is not catching on to that one right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got on the SATC bandwagon a little late too and I LOVE it, but my advice is to go get the seasons one by one and watch them from the very beginning...if you loved the movie, you will be surprised to see how each of the girls got where they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are big Jon & Kate Plus 8 fans too!! After a long day with two, it's makes me feel good to see that someone else can make it with EIGHT! Another one yall need to start watching is 24. LOST and 24 are our favs! Oh, and even though Tanner has 5 more months in an infant carrier, you may still want to think about getting a convertible carseat. They are pretty expensive and if you can get $60 that's a pretty good deal! I would always ask for one as a bday or Christmas gift from the in-laws :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's time for a new post girl! And some new pics please, THANKS!

    Tandy

    ReplyDelete