Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

Happy New Year! We had a great time in Birmingham. The spa...wonderful. I fell asleep during my hour and a half Swedish massage. I'm telling you, that's the way to go. It's not like I get massages that often, but I've always gotten just an hour and it leaves me wanting more. The hour and a half was perfect, Although I could've easily gone two. We stayed a the Tutwiler hotel and had a superb Italian dinner at DiVinci's. While we're way too old for the party scene, we actually rang in the new year at The Iron Horse Cafe where "Azz Is" entertained us with some pretty impressive dance moves. I thought we did pretty well to stay up til 2:00 considering our normal bedtime is somewhere around 9:00 (or earlier).

Tanner wasn't thrilled we left him overnight. My mom and dad got to babysit a pretty fussy baby for a day and a half. Below is the aftermath of our little getaway...



Changing the subject...We've had a nanny coming to keep Tanner during the day since I've been back to work. Just recently we thought to change it up a bit by letting her keep him at her house. This way, I can work from home a little more and her two kids can play with their daddy who's also home during the day. Well, Roscoe has been spoiled by Amelia and Drew (the nanny's three and four-year-old). He lost a good 3-4 lbs while they stayed at our house cuz they literally played with him all...day...long... When we made the decision to go to her house the kids were super sad they wouldn't get to play w the dog anymore. Today was Tanner's first day at Mrs. Carol's house and he took this toy w him so that Roscoe's presence would not be forgotten. Second best.

April found this for Tanner. How perfect? I've kept it in the box b/c it doesn't say, "Roscoe" on the actual toy. How cute! I'm still in search of a "Bailey the Round-Up Pup" for her.















1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth,
    I found your blog through Laura Deline's blog. Your little boy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete