Saturday, June 20, 2009

Picture-a-holic

I had some advertising pictures made for the football program and I figured while we were there......



Just want to mention our attire is in the spirit of 'The Georgia Bridgemen' (Jon's logo).






(duck face)



Sooooo.......Last weekend Jon was in Orlando on some band directors function. I dunno. I thought he was attending classes and seminars on how to be a better teacher and so on. I quickly realized after the second day and third round of golf he was on, that it wasn't an educational type getaway. Whatever. Come to find out, it was more of a sales pitch from these travel companies exclusive to band programs. (Can you imagine, if they work off commission, and sell a trip to New York for 400 + people!!??) Anyway, I'm getting to a point here.
Well, Jon called that last day and the first words out of his mouth are, "Are you sitting down?" Ummm, my mind races...please don't let this be bad news. I'm such the optimist ya know. Well, yeah I was actually sitting down in McAllisters with mom and Tanner so I couldn't scream at the top of my lungs when he so quickly announced his golf tournament award was a six day, all inclusive (airfair, hotel, food, entertainment, etc) trip to Hawaii~!! Seriously. Understand, Jon has never won a dern thing a day in his life (well maybe a few good luck moments on the slots.) So we're goin to HAWAII!!! and Free for that matter. I'll never complain about golf again. I'm so excited!
When I was there years ago, we stayed on the island of Kauai. Any insight or sightseeing advice from those of you who've been to the big island of Hawaii? Wanna start plannin'!




6 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! I especially love the one with the beutiful cross bib! who gave him that? hehe! We miss yall! You're packing me in your suitcase for Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanner is adorable. He looks alot like you, Beth. I hope ya'll are getting settled in your new home. Have so much fun in Hawaii. I'm been to Oahu and Maui. Maui was definitely the most beautiful. I've never been to the big island though. :) Enjoy your 2nd honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your hair Beth! Cut & Color! Ilove all of your pics! too cute! we miss yall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya'll look Gawgafied already!

    MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete